Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I am back

The sabbatical that I took from writing weekly postings for my blog encouraged me to redefine the publishing structure for “Marketing Geek”. It helped to take a step back and look at the overall blog and marketing industry.

In the future this blog will be different in a few ways:
  • It will have more frequent postings. I will attempt to write something daily or at minimum every other day, including the week-end.
  • The posting will be shorter, less elaborated, it will contain more emerging thoughts, ideas, and references than thought out POV on different topics
  • I will write more about things that I experience in my life as a marketing executive, still always focussed on content issues, not political context issues that are irrelevant for a insightful discussion about marketing

Some things about this blog will not change:

  • There will be no industry or company rumors or person specific news that seem to dominate most blogs more and more.
  • The blog tone will continue to be professional and respectful
  • I am looking forward to engage in conversation with blog readers and people who leave comments but it will not be the focus of the blog. I encourage everyone who is reading the blog to comment on a topical level and advance my ideas. That should be the focus, not necessarily a back and forth between myself and the reader’s comments.

I am back and I am looking forward to be “Marketing Geek” again.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Jim Novo said...

Great! Welcome back, let's do it.

9:07 AM  
Blogger SocialMediaGeek said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:34 AM  
Blogger SocialMediaGeek said...

Great to have you back. I am looking forward to more of your inspiring insights and stories.

7:38 AM  
Anonymous seslisohbet said...

Thank you for sharing a nice article.
Congratulations on your posts, not go from your site successful.

6:22 AM  
Blogger Th Brijesh Pratap Singh said...

When you love what you do then work doesn’t seem like work!If creativity is what you are all about and if animation isyour first love, then rush to ZICA today! And let yourpassion lead you!Mercedes has set the pace in taking initiatives. In August, it signed up as the automotive partner for all motor sporting events at the Budhh International Circuit in Greater Noida for two years. The Mercedes SLS AMG-with top speed of 317 km/hr-will be the 'safety car' for all racing events at the circuit. It will also provide cars to race officials.

Dodge Ignition Distributor

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home